Nowadays, most companies are implementing the use of GPS tracking devices. And it actually makes sense considering that our world is progressing in terms of technology.
And regardless of the industry you belong into, using a GPS tracker can benefit any business as it not only provides a detailed insights about the whereabouts of the vehicle but it also gives an overview of the driver’s behavior at the time of work.
Indeed, there’s more to GPS systems than just showing us the way from point A to B. And we are going to know more about this as we discuss the 6 ways GPS vehicle tracking can increase business productivity in today’s entry.
More Than Just A Navigation Device
Modern GPS systems can actually do more than navigating a vehicle for they can also provide additional data about the behavior of the driver during travel and even show the time spent during travel, the routes taken, the idle time, the speed of the vehicle, and even any risky behaviors like over speeding.
These details will be helpful in making a company more productive as they can determine the driver’s driving patterns and do the necessary improvements to enhance driver’s safety, reduce the operation cost, and ultimately increase the revenue of the business.
Here are some ways which a company can reduce operating cost while using a GPS System:
- Efficient Fuel Usage – GPS devices can actually help the company save on fuel cost up for to 20% as it can pinpoint any wasteful behaviors like idling, speeding, and harsh barking. Once these needless actions are corrected the company can save as much as 8 gallons of fuel every month!
And since GPS can also provide details about the driver’s routes, the company can now determine if these routes are effective and coach the drivers if ineffective routes are taken to make the necessary changes.
- Verifying Work Hours – Since GPS can send real-time alerts and be accessed on the PC or any mobile device, the company can now track if the driver is really doing their job during their shift hours. Likewise, it can also help eliminate the possibility of overtime fraud as the device can accurately track the time as to when the vehicle entered or exited the job site.
On the other hand, here are some ways GPS vehicle tracking can improve driver’s safety:
- Avoid Dangerous Driving Patterns – Some negative driving behaviors can be risky to the driver and can also affect the performance of your business. So by installing a GPS system, any risky driving ways will be prevented as the device will send comprehensive reports and real-time alerts to the company. Hence, keeping the drivers safe and at the same time saving your business from any excessive spending due to accidents.
- Preventing Theft – GPS systems is necessary to help prevent any theft from happening because most vehicles that carry valuable and specialized equipment are susceptible to cargo theft. And if theft did happen, these devices can allow the driver and the company to easily track and identify the stolen vehicle through location tracking and sending of reports for unauthorized use of the vehicle.
And lastly, here are some ways which a GPS tracker can help increase the business productivity and the revenues of the company:
- Help Provide Better Customer Service – Once a GPS device is used, the company can immediately plan out effective routes so they can reach the customer sooner or on time which also improves customer’s relations by delivering exceptional customer service.
- Customer Communications – Since a GPS device provides real-time updates about the driver’s whereabouts, the company can invoice their customers accurately and even send notifications to the clients that the job is complete.
GPS vehicle tracking is a simple but effective tool streamlining business operations. And it can be easily modified to suit the company’s needs. No matter how small or large the fleet you have today GPS devices can help reduce cost, improve customer relations, and increase the company’s productivity.