Most of the restaurants in Washington particularly the hot spot are historical restaurant and they have lasted for more than a generation. Most of these place have a historical land mark particularly in offering something special that always keeps customers coming back. Some are well known meeting points for politicians and other known celebrities while others are known for their god decorations insides.
It is known for its many coffee shops, fresh sea foods and eastern vineyards and it’s also known for having a diverse community of farmers who harvest various like ingredients like mushrooms, lavender and peated barley.
Washington restaurants are known for various foods and some of the restaurants are known for having the best food recipe that makes them have constants customers’ day in day out. Let’s take for example, the classic fried chicken we all love.
Here’s the recipe for you to try it out, Washington style.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 whole chicken, which is carved into 8 parts
- Raw chicken shavings (small, thinly sliced raw chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups day-old bread crumbs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steps in Cooking
- First pour enough oil to cover the chicken pieces into a pot, therefore leaving enough room at the top to avoid any spillage.
- Then you heat the oil to around 350 degrees
- Using a food processor, you combine the raw chicken shavings, the chicken stock and milk to make a “chicken mayonnaise.”
- Then coat each of pieces of chicken with this mixture.
- Then pour a bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Also whisk the egg whites in another shallow dish.
- Later coat each of the pieces of chicken with the “chicken mayonnaise” mixture.
- Dredge a piece of chicken in the eggs, and then into the bread crumbs.
- Then place the chicken into hot oil.
- Continue with each piece.
- Then finally fry until the chicken is fully cooked through the middle.
- Allow to drain, and then serve.
Like and share if you enjoy this tasty recipe from us!