Have you heard about CarShield? Well, it’s a company that offers extended auto warranty plans for brand new and used cars. They offer 31 different transferrable warranty plans and each of these contracts are available in English language and Spanish. And aside from that, they also provide warranty plans for motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATV), and any other vehicles up to 250,000 of mileage.
But does it pay to be covered by CarShield? What are the pros and cons of having their auto warranty? Read more as we are going to talk about all the things you need to know about CarShield auto warranty before signing up on any of their warranty plans.
About Their Different Warranty Plans
As previously mentioned, CarShield has 31 different contracts made available for its customers. This 7-8 times more compared to its competitors.
Most of the contracts offered cover the following:
- New car – Also known as “bumper-to-bumper” plan, it is similar to a warranty being given by the car’s manufacturer. It is the most extensive plan that’s being offered by CarShield and it will cover any repairs that you need to do.
- Comprehensive – It is the second most extensive plan offered by CarShield the most recommended for used vehicles.
- Powertrain – The most basic plan of CarShield.
- Powertrain+ – Offers a basic coverage of a Powertrain plan but with additional features that are suitable for both high-mile and used cars.
- High tech and Motorcycle/ATV – Customized coverage plans for high-tech and motorcycle vehicles.
In simple terms, the different CarShield auto warranty plans being mentioned above acts as insurance for any case of an unexpected breakdown. If the car needs to be repaired, all you have to do is take it to an ASE-certified facility, pay a deductible after filing a claim, then CarShield will take care of the remaining fees.
Moreover, they also offer roadside assistance, car rental coverage, and towing services as included in their auto warranty plans.
Pros And Cons
Having a CarShield plan can be advantageous in the sense that the company offers more plans than its competitors, they have transferrable warranties, they cover motorcycle-type vehicles, and their contracts are also provided in Spanish aside from English.
On the other hand, you the setbacks of having a CarShield plan include limited benefits and inconvenient quote process.
Having a CarShield auto warranty is well-worth-it because they offer various coverage options to satisfy their customers. Likewise, their contract to cover motorcycle vehicles is one of their impressive features. So if you are planning to get an extended warranty for your car, then CarShield is the best choice for you.
For a more in-depth review about this auto warranty plan, please check out TopTenReviews’ CarShield Review for more info.